Asukoht: Brasov, Rumeenia
Toimumise 24.08.2018 – 02.9.2018
Rahvusvaheline noortevahetus on erinevatest Euroopa riikidest pärit noortegruppide omavaheline koostööprojekt, mis on välja töötatud ja ellu viidud noorte poolt ning kus tegeletakse noorte jaoks oluliste teemadega. Projekt võib kesta 5-21 päeva. Noortevahetus on hea võimalus õppida tundma teisi kultuure ja noori teistest riikidest ning tegeleda just nende teemadega, mis on noorte jaoks olulised. Noortevahetuses saavad osaleda noored vanuses 13–30 eluaastat, oluline pole noore perekonnaseis, haridustase, rahvus ega keeleoskus. Noortevahetuses osalemiseks on tähtsaim noore soov kogeda ja õppida midagi uut. Saatvaks organisatsiooniks on Avatud Ühiskond MTÜ.
Projekti töökeel on inglise keel ning sellest lähtuvalt on projektiga seonduv informatsioon ning registreerimine lisatud vastavalt. Korduma kippuvate küsimustega on võimalik tutvuda siin. Kõikide küsimustega võib meie poole pöörduda eesti keeles: firstname.lastname@example.org
General information and description of the project
The Youth Exchange “EUthActive” is organized by „Asociatiei Centrul de excelenta in dezvoltare personala SOLOMON” in Brasov, Romania, during the period of 24.09.2018 – 29.9.2018, including 45 participants and five team members from 9 countries (Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey)
The low participation of young generation deprives the EU a remarkable and important source of ideas and opinions, creates mismatches between decisions taken and the real needs of young people, exacerbates the dissatisfaction of young people and alienate even more the youngsters from the idea of a united Europe. The young people will gather for nine days in the city of Brasov-Romania and will participate in a series of activities relating to the EU institutions and bodies, direct and indirect forms of citizen participation, active European citizenship, rights and obligations of European citizens, democracy, contemporary social issues and other related topics.
In this context, the proposed project aims to increase youth participation in the democratic life of the Union, and specifically:
- To bring young people closer to the EU and the decision-making.
- To increase the confidence of young people in EU and decision-making processes.
- To promote the concept of active European citizenship.
- To promote democratic principles.
- To promote cooperation and mutual understanding among young people from different countries and cultures.
Main results of the project will be young people informed on the EU and decision-making processes, enhanced European identity and closer links between young people and the EU, and enhanced mutual understanding between young people from different countries and cultures and participants’ personal development. The above mentioned will strengthen the trust of young people to the EU and decision-making processes, the readiness of young people for more participation and its role as active citizens.
In long-term it is expected that young people will be more actively involved in social and European issues and they will actively participate in decision making in a direct or indirect way. This will help both the European society in the management of its issues as will gain a rich pool of ideas and will manage to better meet the needs of the youth and the youngsters themselves as the policies and decisions are taken will be closer to their actual needs and interests.
45 participants and five team members from 9 countries – Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey.
- All participants have to be between 13-30 years old
- There should be a gender balance;
- All participants should speak and understand English.
- Participants should be interested in active citizenship, democracy, European Union and active participation.
- We’ll support participants with fewer opportunities, meaning youngsters with geographical obstacles (from remote rural areas, islands, less serviced areas…), economic obstacles and social obstacles.
Activities to prepare for the participants
All teams are required to come to Brasov with a preliminary work (according to the ERASMUS+ criteria). The content and “style” of the presentation (10-15 minutes) are left to the discretion of
each national team. We will ask each national group to collect and present information and statistics about:
- Which is the percentage of young people (18-30 years) in your country? How does it show gender statistics?
- This percentage increase or decrease during the last 20 years? How?
- Which is the percentage of young people (18-30 years) actively involved in social and European issues in your country?
- Which political parties have a political program to involve young people in political decision-making? What specific information and proposals does such a political program contain?
- Do you think there is a relationship between the number of young people involved in political projects in those political parties and a political program?
- What are the reasons, in your opinion, that lead to these results? Please explain the answer.
- There are NGO/institutions that promote activities in social and political European issues for youngsters? How do they this? (examples)
- Do you think there is a relationship between NGOs, young people, state institutions, political parties and youth involvement in social and European issue in your country? Please explain the answer.
- What kind of activities is usually practised by political parties for young people in your country?
- What new kinds of activities would you like to try in your country?
- What type of information would you like to receive from local politicians?
Each participant should have valid health insurance (for example European Health Card) and travel insurance during the whole participation in the project. Also, participants must have during the training course travel documents: identity card/passport.
Each national group will have the occasion to present their country, culture, customes and traditions to all participants. You can bring food, drinks, songs and other traditional things specific to your country. The main idea of this presentation is: what is important for a stranger to know about my country? More information you can read from our website where the process of preparing the intercultural evening is described: http://erasmus.uhiskond.ee
In addition to contributions related to the theme of the exchange, each group will have to select a series of games to propose during the exchange (specific national games).
The Venue: Brasov (Romania)
Brașov is located in the central part of the country, about 166 kilometres (103 miles) north of Bucharest and 380 kilometres (236 miles) from the Black Sea. It is surrounded by the Southern Carpathians and is part of the Transylvania region.
The city is notable for being the birthplace of the national anthem of Romania. Brașov hosted the 2013 European Youth Winter Olympic Festival. Due to the surrounding nature, Brasov is also called the greenest city of Romania. Enclosed by the crests of the Southern Carpathian Mountains while revealing an exquisite gothic, baroque and renaissance architecture, but also various historical attractions, Brasov is one of the most visited places in Romania, while its name is more than familiar to the Romanian visitors but also to foreign tourists around the world.
Participants of the project will be hosted in a hotel located on 5 km from center of Brasov (30 min with public transport) and 5 min by walk from supermarket area. Accommodation will be in ASTRA Hotel: http://www.hotelastra.ro/
Participants will be divided in rooms of 3/4 people by gender (each room has its own bathroom) and mix by nations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in the hotel. The meetings and workshops will take place in these facilities. The hotel has an outdoor terrace and free WI-FI.
The Erasmus + Programme will cover 100% of the accommodation, food and activities. In addition, Erasmus+ will reimburse 100% of the travel costs for the participants – up to 275 euros. It is recommended to have a disposal for small expenses. There will be a participation fee of 40€ per participant. Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions. Please fill in this form to apply and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com
Participants will receive a “Youthpass” certificate which describes and validates the non-formal and informal learning experience gained during the project, to be attached to the CV.
Registration deadline: 20.07.2018